31 July 2006

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out all my trangressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

Psalm 51:1-2


Gosh i love the word of God, it just puts things so beautifully. As i was working today, that is 'working' (my summer job is decorating in a school which really is too fun to be called work), i was fairly disgusted with the amount of swearing. You know, it's just not a nice thing to listen to really. Now i'm certainly not one for forcing my beliefs on others, but there comes a point when something has to be said, and being concerned for the welfare their souls i take part responsibility for manifesting awareness for the holy ways of God. As i tried to enforce my new rule, which for the most part was rebelled against, i had a verse in mind: the mouth speaks out of an overflow of the heart. If there's foulness coming out of one's mouth, what foulness in the heart is it coming from? Maybe i'm exaggerating it, i don't know. I just dont like it.

No comments: