12 November 2006

Life Stuff, a poem.

I've an essay in for Wednesday, i don't know what to write,
I've got no-one to talk to, so i'll be lonely for tonight.
But my bed is warm so i can sleep,
and each morning brings it's promise (it doesn't keep)
Because the second i awake,
the haze of dreams fades away
when i remember the things of yesterday.
The friend i hurt, the friend that hurt me
the argument with my family.
Forgiven, of course, but the hurt's still there
Do i say something more? Do they still care?
Do they love me enough to love me again,
Although i'm not perfect, can i still be a friend?
Forgiveness i give, but it's hard to receive
To love is to fight for what you believe.

Conditional love is what i've come to expect
But it'd be the end of my world if you turned and you left.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well worn and well understood paranoia. :-s

Best way to get through it I find is too much caffein. You have to get over it, as your mind races and shifts you need to get busy and ignore all that messy stuff.

Another reason to drink more Red Bull! Yay!