24 November 2007

A lament.

I thought i'd take the opportunity, while i;m slightly tispy, to pay tribute to how crap i was at open mic tongiht. Granted it was mainly the Student Union's fault fro not providing the right eqipment (there should have been a JACK for the ELECTRIC-ACOUSTIC i borrowed from my friend Luke but there wasn't). I couldn't hear the guitar because the feedback was too bad when the sounds was turned up, so i sang out of tune. I really can sing people. I promise i can. Everyone was talking, it was too loud in my little ears, i like quiet things. I may keep my furutre performances to samll appreciative audiences of one or two people in future, as long as they are very, very quiet. People dont talk through stories, or they miss important bits. So it is with my songs, i bare my soul... dont talk over it. Don't cheapen my feelings. I left early coz i have band practice 2omorrow morning, and i am rather proud t say i am the only one i heard who sang their own songs. The others were very good on guitar and had beautiful voices and yes thats what the audience wanted, but hey. Sometimes new music is worth listening to. Can't wait to release our BabyGrey band ot the world in Jan. It's coming my friends. It's coming.

No comments: